As of February 2021 WE WILL CONTINUE TO OFFER SCHOOL SERVICES AT THE REGULAR SCHEDULE, while adhering to the guidelines recommended by the California Department of Social Services:
- Smaller group sizes
- We are will not be allowing parents to enter classrooms at this time
This letter is in response to information provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concerning the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The health and safety of every person who walks into Marina Montessori School continues to be a top priority for us. We are carefully monitoring the evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation through the CDC, WHO, and local health authorities and will continue to take a proactive approach to keep our community healthy. We will continue to inform you what our facility is currently doing to prevent the spread of this virus and illness in general in our school to keep student and staff safe. While there are no plans to close our facility we are taking the following precautions to mitigate risk:
- Increasing the frequency of cleansing and disinfecting in all classrooms and highly trafficked areas.
- We are encouraging frequent handwashing among students and staff.
- Clean materials and tables IMMEDIATELY after being used.
- Teaching and reminding students to sneeze/cover their mouth in their arm or elbow.
- Inspect each child as they come in to make sure they are in good health to be at school.
- We continue to check the temperatures every day of each individual student.
As we do our part in the following directives of trusted health authorities, we ask that you join us in the following:
- If you or your child has knowingly been around someone with Covid, please stay home for at least 14 days after exposure.
- Wash your hands and teach your children to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer should only be used when soap and water is unavailable.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with tissues or elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs are easily spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Know the signs and symptoms of the flu.
- KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME IF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS OCCUR: COUGH, SORE THROAT, FEVER (TEMPERATURE OVER 100 DEGREES), RUNNY OR STUFFY NOSE, BODY ACHES, HEADACHES OR FEELING TIRED.
- DO NOT SEND CHILDREN TO SCHOOL IF THEY ARE SICK! ANY CHILD DETERMINED TO BE SICK WHILE AT SCHOOL WILL BE SENT HOME. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Priortize your personal health. Continue to follow the good health guidelines outlined by the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention.html
If you have any further questions please talk to any of the teachers.
Marina Montessori Staff